RemoteLondon, England, United Kingdom2D
Location: Remote, with a Hybrid option. Our office is based in Soho, London. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Reports To: Head of 2D
• Integrating 2D, 3D and live-action elements to create the final image for high-end visual effects films and episodic.
• Collaborating with Compositing Leads & Supervisors – providing support for the creative and technical approach to assigned shots
• Cooperating with Production and Leads to ensure reaching agreed schedules and deadlines
We're open to hearing from Compositors with all levels of experience:
• Junior Compositors: This is an entry level position, therefore no professional experience is necessary, however, we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following attributes and are willing to learn.
• Mid Compositors: You must have a minimum of 4 years VFX industry experience. Mid Level Compositors work on anything from Paint and Prep through to compositing their own shots. They are expected to work on less complex shots as well as provide support to the more senior members of the team.
• Senior Compositors: You must have a minimum of 6 years VFX industry experience. Senior Compositors work closely with Visual Effects and 2D Supervisors to composite the numerous elements that complete a visual effects shot. Taking on the more complex shots in a sequence, senior compositors are expected to quality check their own work to a high standard, communicate and then solve any issues arising and are expected to maintain continuity between shots in a sequence.
• Experience using Nuke
• Good knowledge of colour space principles
• Experience with Plate Preparation and Rotoscoping
• Experience with Chroma Keying
• Be able to provide examples of seamless integration of multiple live action plates
• Be able to follow production methodologies, develop creative approaches and problem solve
• Have a critical eye for detail
• Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Consistently deliver excellent results with minimal supervision and have good time management even when under pressure
• A knowledge and interest in photography and practical lighting is helpful
On-line showreels and links to websites are welcome. Please also include a shot breakdown showing specifically what your role entailed per shot/sequence.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.