RemoteUnited Kingdom, England, London2D
Location: Remote, with a Hybrid option. Our office is based in Soho, London. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Start Date: Immediate Positions Available
Reports to: Head of 2D
NVIZ is seeking a DMP Environment artist who is able to provide creative and technical solutions by Matte Paintings and/or 2.5D technical elements for high-end films & episodic. NVIZ is looking for a DMP artist who is proficient with Nuke or a Compositor with proficient knowledge of DMP. Please, only apply for the role if you have the right skillset.
You will create environments and landscapes, elements and textures to integrate into live action plates or stand as their own matte painting plates. Working closely with a team of Supervisors, Compositors and 3D artists, you will produce paintings for digital environments.
• Experience collaborating with the Compositing teams to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard.
• A minimum of 3 years experience working as a DMP/Comp Artist in Film/TV/Commercials related projects.
• Proven knowledge of different areas of DMP including 2D and 2.5D (projection work)
• A good understanding of cameras and geometry
• A strong eye for detail and creative problem solving
• Expert experience in high-end films & episodic VFX projects using Photoshop
• Demonstrable experience using Nuke
• A good understanding of perspective and composition in digital matte paintings
• Comfortable to resource high quality references to deliver a digital environment or texture
• Solid knowledge and understanding of VFX pipelines, production and implementation, as well as the ability to work well in a team
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK